Tuesday, May 6, 2014

New Beginnings

So this week has been a week full of new ideas! I started passing around a survey to people in my classes to find out more about what people think and why.

The questions are

- What makes you happy?
-What make you sad?
-What gives you hope?
- What holds you back?
-How could your life be more fulfilling?

I have gotten a lot of interesting responses. The most common is that what holds people back is fear of being inadequate. Why are we so afraid of being imperfect? We are human after all...

I want to understand so much more and am planning on digging deeper!!

My own personal answers to these questions are as followed:
- Laughter, being with a community, travel, and beautiful days make me happy.
- Selfishness, heart break, and insecurity make me sad.
- People give me hope. I know that we are full of potential.
- Uncertainty holds me back. I don't want to mess up. (but WHY? I want to find a solution to self doubt).
- After a lot of reflection, I want to be able to say I am content with my life as is. However, I know that is a lie and I believe that knowing more and being on my own will fulfill my life. Yet I also know that in the end those things probably will not satisfy my hunger. It is something so much more than that. I believe in a God, so I believe that is what fulfills me. I need to trust in that fulfillment.

A lot of thoughts running through my head tonight... I am excited to see what tomorrow will bring.

Love the world for all it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment